THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION
EFFECTIVE: APRIL 2003
REVISED: APRIL 2013, April 2014, April 2016
Our Privacy Practices
As a major resource for health services and education, Opportunities Industrialization Center Family Medical Center (OIC FMC) strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Your privacy is important to us, and it is our policy to respect your privacy when you are our patient.
WE HAVE A LEGAL DUTY TO PROTECT HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We are required to protect the privacy of health information about you that can identify you (which we call protected health information, or PHI for short). We must give you notice of our legal duties and privacy practices concerning PHI.
We may use and disclose PHI about you without your authorization in the following circumstances:
- We may use and disclose PHI about you for treatment purpose.
- We may use and disclose PHI about you to obtain payment for service.
- We may use and disclose PHI about you for healthcare operations.
- We may use and disclose PHI about you under other circumstances without your authorization.
- We may contact you to provide appointment reminders
- We may contact you with information about treatment services, products and healthcare providers.
YOU HAVE SEVERAL RIGHTS ABOUT YOUR PHI:
- You have the right to request restrictions on uses and disclosures of PHI about you.
- You have the right to request different ways to communicate with you.
- You have the right to see and copy PHI about you.
- You have the right to request amendment of PHI about you.
- You have the right to a listing of disclosures we have made.
- You have the right to a copy of the Notice.
- You may file a complaint about our privacy practices.